Recruitment Privacy Notice
Metasite Business Solutions UAB (address: Klaipėdos g. 7-18, LT-01117 Vilnius, Lithuania; email: email@example.com) together with its subsidiaries and affiliates (together referred to as “Metasite Business Solutions”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are committed to respect your privacy and to manage your personal data fairly and safely. This Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you (as a prospective employee/worker), or that you provide to us will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This Notice provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the local data protection laws. For any questions concerning our processing of your personal data, please reach out to the recruiter handling your application or contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment process at Metasite
This privacy notice covers the personal data that may be collected during the recruitment process.
Metasite Business Solutions recruitment process starts with your application/attendance or your acceptance to participate in the recruitment process for a position at Metasite or career/marketing event and then the progression of your job application through the process to the point of the scheduled interviews.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect from you during the recruitment process, through our interactions with you and through our system and how we use that data.
Processing of your personal data
We may collect personal data directly from you, from third parties or public sources, as well as automatically, such as through your use of our recruitment platforms. In this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Examples of personal data included: name, email address, IP address, and phone number.
Metasite Business Solutions collect and use your personal data for recruiting purposes, mainly to:
- Manage our hiring process and keep you informed about it.
- Consider you for, and assess your suitability for employment opportunities with us.
- Verify your information and conduct background checks (to the extent permitted by applicable laws).
- Finalise the hiring selection.
- Inform the referrer of your application’s status and final outcome (if you were referred).
- Keep in contact and engage with you for other positions which may occur in the future.
- Maintain and improve our recruiting processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- Deal with any legal disputes involving you or other parties.
Personal data processed by Metasite
Personal data in this Notice means information that identifies job applicants and potential candidates for employment with us, either submitted as part of the online application and/or through alternative channels.
In connection with your application and the recruitment process, we will collect, use and store the following persona data:
- Identification and contact information and related identifiers, such as your full name, pictures, email address, phone number, etc.
- Professional or employment-related information may include nationality/visa/right to work permit information, languages you speak and level of proficiency, computer/technical skills, background screening results, etc.
- Career information includes job titles, work history, performance information, qualifications, etc.
- Education information includes institutions/courses/seminars attended, degrees, certifications, licences held, publications, etc.
- References such as our employees or your named referees and/or former/current employer’s feedback/references/referrals, etc.
- Information about interaction with us such as email communication, information about expected salary and other job preferences, records of interviews and tests/assignments or assessments, information indicated in motivation/covering letters, CCTV recordings made on our premises if you visit us at our premises, professional social media accounts, etc.
- Other information that is relevant in assessing your suitability for the specific vacant position or information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
Additionally, there might be instances where we need to obtain information about candidates’ administrative offences, but we will only do so in accordance with applicable legal requirements. We will always explain the necessity of such information and seek your consent if required by law.
Please be aware that if you choose not to provide your personal data to support our recruitment and evaluation process, we may encounter difficulties properly or entirely processing your application.
How long do we keep your personal data?
- We keep Your personal data for no longer than it is required for the purposes of data processing or by the legislation provided that they allow longer terms of keeping personal data.
- We keep Your data for 3 years from the date You last submitted or updated Your data.
We may share this information with:
- Our subsidiaries.
- Other vendors working on our behalf – For example, companies we’ve hired to provide the recruitment technology and to support this recruitment process or companies to assist in protecting and securing our systems. In such cases, these companies abide by our data privacy and security requirements, and they are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose.
- Recruitment service providers.
- If applicable, law enforcement, courts, lawyers, and supervisory authorities.
We do not share personal information about you with anyone else without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Your rights: How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, as provided by law, you have the right to:
- Erasure: request us to erase your personal data.
- Access: know and access personal data Metasite Business Solutions has collected about you.
- Rectify: rectify, correct, update, or complement inaccurate/incomplete personal data Metasite Business Solutions has about you.
- Object: object to the processing of your personal data, which is done on the basis of our (or others) legitimate interests.
- Transfer: request us to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or to transmit (if technically feasible) your personal data to another controller (only where our processing is based on your consent and carried out by automated means).
- Restrict: restrict the processing of your personal data (when there is a legal basis for that).
- Withdraw consent: withdraw your consent where processing is based on the consent you have previously provided.
- Raise a complaint: You can raise a complaint about our processing with the data protection regulator – the Commission for protection of personal data.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. Laws, regulations, and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary. We will post the changes to this page and encourage you to review this Notice to stay informed.
Metasite Business Solutions has a designated Data Protection Officer who should be contacted if you have any queries regarding the interpretation of this notice. The contact details are set out below:
If you would like further information about how we manage your data, please see the privacy notice for Metasite.
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal data is handled, please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.