Meet our Metasite Data Insights team: The BI Plumbers®
- Established companies and growing startups in need of an entirely new BI stack hire us to implement an end-to-end solution.
- Organizations with legacy BI infrastructure in place commission us to improve or replace specific parts of their BI stack.
We help you get rid of analytics pains by switching to self-service BI
While the increased use of data in general and analytics in particular are becoming a key factor within the modern enterprise, for many businesses data access and analysis is still often too slow, costly, and dependent upon scarce levels of expertise for widespread use.
This, however, is being changed by interactive self-service capabilities offered by a new generation of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Qlikview and supported by powerful and cost-effective open-source data warehousing and ETL technologies.
With the advent of Tableau and similar new BI reporting and data visualization tools, that dark era is over – nowadays each business unit within an enterprise can build its own analytic reports, dashboards and applications without the nod of approval from the head of IT department. Visualization makes it easier for non-experts to interpret complex datasets and predictive analytics is becoming increasingly important for a variety of areas ranging from marketing analysis and automation to churn prevention and mitigation of various kinds of risk.
After a switch to a well designed self-service BI stack, the time it takes to develop new analysis drops by as much as 80 percent boosting business user morale and productivity. At the same time scarce IT department resources get freed-up for more critical tasks.
Successful implementations in a number of industries
In 2013 our team constructed and deployed an upgraded BI solution for a group of five mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) spread out across five countries in Europe and Asia:
- Moved everything to the cloud in order to save big on storage cost and ensure future scalability.
- Fixed and simplified DWH architecture and rebuilt on the open source PostgreSQL DBMS.
- Simplified ETL architecture, deploying open-source Talend Open Studio for Data Integration as a replacement for rather pricy and outdated MSSIS.
- Replaced the quite user-unfriendly Spago + OpenReports combination with Tableau, enabling self-service and ease of use for business users.
- Ran extensive on-site trainings for business users, teaching them the basics of report design and data analysis employing Tableau self-service interface.
- Have been providing remote support and assistance to the client ever since, freeing up client’s internal IT resources for more critical tasks.
In 2014 we were contracted by one of the fastest growing European charter airlines to design, build and deploy a new integrated Business Intelligence platform:
- Built a DWH based on PostgreSQL and employed Talend Open Studio for ETL.
- Connected multiple operational data sources (PDC Aviation Suite, Navision, Claims Management System, external fuel price feeds, etc.) and set up automated ETL processes.
- Using the Klipfolio SaaS platform, built an informational/motivational dashboard for communicating the airline’s business objectives and progress to employees across multiple offices in different countries.
- Deployed Tableau to enable interactive management reports for top management and heads of departments, enabling them to use their natural ability to see patterns, identify trends and discover visual insights in seconds.
- Working together with the airline’s managers, helped design and build an initial set of Level 2 and Level 3 management reports, training the internal users in the process.